Gaisie Zwennes Hughes & Co., (GZH), is a medium-sized corporate and commercial Law firm that has earned its name by tailoring its services to meet the special needs of its clients and their businesses.
Established in 1956 under the firms’ original name of Gaisie Scheck & Co, it opened its first office in Sekondi-Takoradi, a busy commercial seaport. The firm soon became the largest practice and leading law firm in the Western Region.The firm later established two other offices, one at Cape Coast in the Central Region and the other in Accra, the capital city. Following the acceptance of public office by two of the firms’ early partners, (one as the Minister of Information and the other as the Government Parliamentary Chief Whip respectively in the Prime Minister’s Cabinet in 1969), the firm saw to a change of its name to reflect the composition of its present partners. The firm’s current name has carried since 1972.
As one of the oldest Ghanaian partnered law firms, various partners and members of Gaisie, Zwennes, Hughes & Co over the years have gone on to render service to the country as Parliamentary Chief Whip, Members of Parliament, Ministers of Cabinet, Speaker of Parliament and in a wide range of other Executive capacities such as Chief of Staff and governmental advisors.